What is the STAMP Workshop?
Each year in March we host an industry workshop at MIT to help practitioners learn more about the latest advances in STAMP-based techniques like STPA and CAST, meet with other practitioners using these methods, and to hear about applications, evaluations, and the latest developments in these powerful new approaches to system safety and cyber security. The first day provides short tutorials to introduce STAMP, STPA, CAST, and related techniques. This is not a training class, but it will introduce some basic concepts so you can understand the talks over the next three days. The following three days involve presentations, panels, and poster sessions from organizations around the world who want to share their experiences with these techniques.
The entire workshop is free and open to the public–you just have to get here.
Who comes to the STAMP Workshops?
In 2018 we had over 300 registrations from 32 countries. Presenters come from industry, government, and academia. Many industries are represented including automotive, aviation, air traffic control, medical devices, healthcare, oil and gas, rail, chemicals, space, human factors, robots, security, defense, workplace safety, and others.
See the list of industries and organizations that have attended our workshop.
Topics for Presentations
- Experiences using STPA, STPA-Sec, and CAST
- Introducing STAMP, STPA, and CAST into large organizations
- Safety-guided and Security-guided design using STPA
- Using STPA to make decisions
- Accident/loss analyses
- Certification and regulatory applications
- Evaluations and comparisons with traditional techniques
- Risk management and identifying leading indicators
- Applications to security and other areas such as workplace safety
- Safety Management System development and evaluation
- Tools to support STPA and CAST
- Management and adoption experiences or challenges
- Applications to other emergent properties (beyond safety and security)
- Other STAMP-related topics
- The 2019 STAMP Workshop will be held at MIT in March 2019
Past MIT STAMP workshops
- 2018 MIT STAMP Workshop presentations
- 2017 MIT STAMP Workshop presentations
- 2016 MIT STAMP Workshop presentations
- 2015 MIT STAMP Workshop presentations
- 2014 MIT STAMP Workshop presentations
- 2013 MIT STAMP Workshop presentations
- 2012 MIT STAMP Workshop presentations
Other STAMP workshops